After careful reading of the case material, consider and fully answer the follow
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
After careful reading of the case material, consider and fully answer the following questions:
1. Describe “active” data warehousing as it is applied at Continental Airlines. Does Continental apply active or real-time warehousing differently than this concept is normally described?
2. In what ways does real-time data warehousing fit with the Continental strategy and plans?
3. Describe the benefits of real-time data warehousing at Continental.
4. What elements of the data warehousing environment at Continental are necessary to support the extensive end-user business intelligence application development that occurs?
5. What special issues about data warehouse management (e.g., data capture and loading for the data warehouse (ETL processes) and query workload balancing) does this case suggest occur for real-time data warehousing? How has Continental addressed these issues?
The assignment consists of several questions about the reading. Each question may or may not have several parts; each part must be addressed in your answer. You should use good paragraph structure (thesis, supporting evidence, summary), good grammar, and use your spell-checker. Do NOT use bullet points, sentence fragments, or graphics. Some questions (or parts of questions) may appear to be opinion questions. State your opinion, then provide evidence and reasoning to support your position.
Your evidence may come from the case study itself, our textbook, or outside sources. If you do use outside sources, you must cite them. I’m not picky about the format of the citations; they can be in-place, or in notes following the text, and I should have no trouble in finding at least a reference to the source. If you quote material from the textbook (chapters or case study), simply note the page number from which you got the quote.
As to format, I need only your name and the assignment name at the top in a header. Page numbers and footers are not required. Number each answer, but do not repeat the question in your answer. Use standard margins (1 inch) and fonts no larger than 12pt. For length, typically these assignments can be answered adequately in approximately one and half to two pages of single-spaced text.
I use Turnitin to check papers. Make sure your work is original and your own.